Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lovely weekend

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary yesterday so spent the day/evening at Linden Hall Hotel, where we held our wedding reception. The room, dinner and breakfast were complimentary as we’d had a few issues during the planning of the wedding with the venue, however all of that was forgotten and we had a great time. During the past few months we have had a lot of deal with for a newly married couple so the stay was a welcome break. We had a lovely meal in the Dobson Restaurant and a relaxing morning in the jacuzzi and pool. I was surprised with a lovely diamond and ruby ring (pic below) for our anniversary whilst we visited Morpeth on our away to Linden Hall. The ruby stones are particularly special for the both of us and its an eternity ring which means alot.

After lunch at the in-laws, I had a drive to our local beach (Blyth) with my mam and nephew. The council have spent a lot of money renovating the sea front and have installed lovely beach huts which I believe are leased (pics below).

Earlier in the week I completed a couple of memory albums for a couple of my friends who had recently been married.

Click on the individual pics for larger images.

We have also bought a new car as hubbies car qualifies for the new scrappage allowance and since his car is starting to make some very strange noises we thought we would take the plunge and get a brand new one.  Mitsubishi Outlander, is what we eventually chose after about three full days visiting various dealers. We should have it in about three weeks. Its a good sized 4×4, has seven seats, massive boot space so it will last us a long time.

I missed the Great North Papercraft Extravaganza yesterday, which is held every March and September and I normally visit with my friend Sandra. Instead hubby and I are going to Glasgow hobbycrafts in October – I cant wait! I told Sandra yesterday and she’s very jealous, no doubt if its any good, Sandra and I will go again next year as I dont think hubby will make it a regular event! The visit this year is being combined with a short break to South Ayrshire.

Well I’m off to complete some samples for Christmas cards! Us crafters have got to start early.

Take care

Lisa

x

[Via http://pinkpawsdesign.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment