Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cars

I drive a beaten-up old – according to papers, 1995, but I belive it’s older – blue Daihatsu Charade. For now. This car has been through a lot. Some of the problems I face with this mean vintage machine includes a sudden gas outburst from the air con in the middle of the day while in TRAFFIC, an in promptu death whenever I attempt to do a U Turn, countless battery failures and more. Why do I put up with it? One, I don’t have the luxury to get a brand spanking new car (note: This was a gift from my Uncle). Two, I always believed I belonged with a classic old car – I previously wanted a done up VW Bug – until I realised going against time would cost me a lot of money. Three, It’s the same colour of Spaceman’s car. Now that I am working and starting to pay attention to important stuff like bills, I have decided that I want a new machine. I don’t want to have to sit in a middle of the jam, sweating fluid that could feed hungry kids and praying after every turn the car won’t suddenly die on me. I want a new machine. As much as I try to love my current car, I just can’t seem to put my heart there which is strange because believe it or not, I like easily. I’m not asking for Optimus Prime. I just want a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment