Saturday, October 10, 2009

Friday night by the river

Last night was a really wierd night. We went to a haunted house, but the line wound outside and down several blocks. We did not have the patience to wait so decided to do something else.

We were driving away when Tom asked if I wanted to take a walk along the river. It was a gorgeous night out so I said sure. We walked and talked along the water, past that statues and boathouses. It was nice. We sat on the wall watching the cars go by on the other side of the river. I think he needed the quiet time. He kept telling me how much he was enjoying just sitting there together- that it didn’t feel like we were in Philadelphia but rather far away on vacation.

I wasn’t enjoying it as much. I was tired, a little bored, and antsy. His mood lately has left me feeling a little unnerved. I know that he is just having a slump, but part of me is bracing for the “I can’t deal with this anymore’ talk.

We went home and went to bed. I slept really well.

This morning we woke up and I could tell that he was still “off”. I don’t know how else to explain it- just “off”. My insecure self translated it into “he’s not into me anymore” and I got upset. He held me and comforted me and said that is not the case at all… that he is sick, hasn’t slept well all week, anxious, and feels like his demons are all coming out at once. He said that he has been feeling directionless and lost all week, and it has nothing to do with me.

I cried some more and told him that I can’t know that unless he tells me and I was tired of trying so hard.  I had to leave for my hair appointment. I had puffy eyes.

I like my new haircut. It’s really the same as before, just bouncier because  she can make it bouncy in a way that I can’t.

After my cut, I went to 2 places who might buy my car. The second place made me a pretty good deal, so I think I might take it! I think I’m going to have to take the plunge and buy a new car. How long have I been complaining about mine? I’ll tell you… since about $5000.00 ago.

I am home now and am waiting for AnnoyingGirl to come over. I really don’t like this girl, but she is constantly asking me to do things and I am constantly blowing her off. I’m out of excuses this time. We’re going to lunch. I should try to have a better attitude going into it. She’s just such a whiny uptight bitch.

Tom and I are going to meet a bunch of people out tonight. It will be good for us. We are so used to hiding away with just each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment