Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rage

I’m currently trying not to rage on my car at the moment. I mean, I absolutely love my car, its one of the best things I ever bought. Its a 1972 Holden HQ Kingswood complete with bench seats (6 people) auto column shift 173 cubic inch straight 6 cylinder engine and extractors. It has lowered king springs and new shockies to boot thanks to yours truly. But! The main problem is, its old. There is ALWAYS something to fix, because there is always something broken!

Currently, the RH Rear Taillight doesn’t work, but the brake light does (same bulb, different filament) so I replaced the bulb, but it didn’t solve the problem! So either its a wiring problem or the fitting is corroded, which it can’t be surely, cos then the brake light wouldn’t work either?! Another small problem is the indicators do not turn themselves off when I turn right, only when turning left. This never really bothered me, but because I was getting the bulb for my car, I decided to get a new flasher unit too. Replaced that, and STILL not fixed the problem.

The BIG Problem. Not what really ticks me off is the gas conversion (done by a bunch of cowboys!) has all sorts of problems, despite having taking the car back to them 4 times (I have since given up). The gas gauge doesn’t work properly, it drops from half full to empty constantly, leaving you to guess how much gas you have left. And it make a really annoying squeaking noise when you drive after the car has been in the sun for a while, which goes away if you rev it high enough, or eventually once the car is warmed up (15-20 minutes into your journey).

So this is why I want to rage on my car. But I wont. I love it. But until I get it fixed, I might just nick my brothers car

Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment