Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Jeff Gordon Moment

I woke up early this morning because the cable guy was supposed to come between 7-10am and whisk my digital cable box away. I looked out my window and:

Why is there snow on my car?!?!?

Ok, ok. I am a meteorologist (ha ha) so I should know these things – but why is there snow on my car?!?!?

I thought I was up early but the sun beat me.

After the cable guy came almost right at 7, I thought I would go to the Dutch farmer’s market. Yay for Lancaster county yummy things close by. And then I remembered I’d have to clear my car off when I had been content to stay in and let the sun take care of the snow later today.

Rule #1 for the market: Get there before 10am if you want to keep your sanity AND have a parking spot.

I wasted 20 min talking myself into going and once I was there I barely bought anything. Figures.

My greatest discovery of the day belonged to McDonalds. It is Shamrock Shake season. :)

I have been grumpus all week, but here is the scratch I discovered Thursday on the hood of my car that pushed me into Grumpus Rex territory.

So what does any of this have to do with Jeff Gordon?

On Monday the person I chose as my backup came to me with an idea on how he wanted to handle something in our code. My first look at it I didn’t quite get what he was trying to do. It looked like something that had been suggested before and wasn’t going to work. I sent an email saying so.

He came over and showed me what he meant – and OMG if it works it could be cool. It isn’t something I would have done.

And in that moment I felt like Jeff Gordon out done by Jimmie Johnson.

A very excited Jeff Gordon. lol

In iphone news, I have switched to using NewsRack over the free version of FeedPot for RSS on my phone because it has more features. Instapaper is one.

I am also playing around with Documents 2 Go Premium and for simple editing it is fine.

It is bedtime for me. I am trying to become a morning person. Hahahahaha

[Via http://katsuteyume.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment