Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mein Time

Right. On a day that I told myself would be easy to get some work done, I managed to acheive the almighty m”zilch”.

Let us run through our day of events shall we? Early morning meant work, so after crying out quietly about the fact that snooze now feels more like 9 seconds than 9 minutes I made it in, on time by a minute, to work until 11.30. Not bad but left me shattered. Arrived home with the idea I would change and then move to a different room to get some work done, but I stayed in my own and started to upload photos that I’ve been meaning to for a month, while watching a few episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I’m behind, but I think I watched two that I’ve already seen. Har… har…

I then… napped  a little bit. All this time while my photo album was failing on facebook (I need a flickr… and a good camera!). So I gave up on that idea and made my way downstairs where I ate something! Yes. Showered a little bit in freezing cold, to boiling hot, to weird fluctuating-temperature water and then popped to the barber for a haircut. I didn’t understand why I couldn’t find any parking space close by but I eventually found a spot (that cost me £2! rip-off). I should have just walked my lazy ass there.

I( got a V-cut with a tail and a fringe. For anyone who doesn’t know what that means, it basically is a good haircut on another person; a bad one on me. Reason? Curly hair! Darn my genes!

I managed to get a wallet that was I was so pleased about, until I just this second treid to fit my cards into it and realised it wouldn’t fit them comfortably without damaging them further (they’re all a bit… sliced through).

Upon leaving the barber I went to cash converters (always fun) and a carphone warehouse (I want an internet enabled phone!) before finally embarking on the journey back to my car.

It wasn’t the stream of traffic that made me actually realise what was going on; it was the Tottenham shirts. Damn it! I hate it when they play! They congest the roads so badly with their awkward parking and then their reckless driving. This isn’t what football is about! Take public transport!

So what I could have walked in 15-20 minutes from my home to barber and vice versa actually took me an hour. Sitting in traffic with drivers pushing in from all angles and using the bus lane (that really gets to me, grrr). I cannot stand it. What was the score anyway? I have no sympathy…

So I get home with plenty of time left to do something, but urge my dad to watch ALI with me. The Muhammad Ali film with Will Smith. Finally! And it’s a very good movie. A bit unbelievable, not in the way it’s told, but how Ali is represented. It isn’t all good, and some of it I really don’t like! (Cheating on your wife!? For shame!). But it was awesome seeing the lean, mean, fat-reducing, pounding machine George ~Foreman get pounded to a loss. Nice.

And just a little while ago, I needed some reading material for a… *trip*. And therefore I’m a little bit further into my book “Vampire Academy”, which, yes, is chick-lit, but ~I bought it so I’m going to read it!

And that as they say is that. And why do I want to tell you this information? Well 1, it makes me feel better; 2, it allows me to rant and to brag; 3, it gives me something to add to my wordpress which is a lot rarer these days; and 4, it sums up what procrastination is about: doing everything in your power to avoid the thing that needs to be done the most.

*sigh-clops*

[Via http://elk541.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment