Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Overwhelmed!

Life has been quite overwhelming lately; so much that to fit in one thing- I’ve had to pushing other things out of the way… to a far corner somewhere and even then I got things ‘only barely’ done.

A few examples should suffice.

In the last few days, we managed to do a few things-

- We have been to the ‘Hit for Haiti’ fundraising event

- We have been to watch Rafael Nadal play Peter Luczak in the first round of Australian Open

- We went car shopping and test-driving

- We found a car we liked and bought it (for the curious, it’s a silver coloured Holden Vectra)

- We picked the car up two days later and drove it home

- We cleared the garage up to make room for the car (we were using it as a junkyard till then)

- I baked the worst muffins that one possibly can for Crazy’s birthday (Beep! Beep! ‘World’s Worst Baker’ alert! Beep! Beep! Beep!)

However, there are things we had to push things out of the way too-

- Missed my coffee-date with my friend- Moon- who I have not met since coming out of uni. I don’t think she’s ever going to fix a date with me ever again

- Missed 2 driving lessons

- Missed caring for my hair, making it rather ‘sorry looking ‘ presently. I tell you- in all fairness, my hair is pretty ONLY when I make it so; and not exaggerating when I say that I look like ‘Ms Einstein’ now, I just wish I had at least 1/10th of that man’s brain instead, though.

ALL of these happened in the span of ONE WEEK, btw.

Also as a topping to the ‘current life’ cake- it’s the time companies start to make their corporate budgets for the next year… I am a ‘Corporate Financial Accountant’, what does that tell you? Well… it says that my work schedule is currently only a thin rope where I’ve been balancing myself… barely.

As if life was not enough overwhelming already without it being so!

[Via http://mauzzie.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment