Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

I had the BEST BEST BEST work day on Friday!

We had our big company luncheon and celebration. The lunch was  a lot of fun and I got to hang out with all of my friends and laugh and have a good time. After the lunch, there was a big presentation for the company. All of the bigwigs spoke and then they showed the promotional video that I made. I was mortified watching myself on a huge screen in front of the WHOLE company. I didn’t realize that it was going to be shown and my friends kept poking me and making faces everytime I said cheezy things, which is most of the video. Afterwards, though, our president came up to me and gave me a big hug and said “I love that video! You are SO ADORABLE in it” and that made me feel happy. I got a lot of compliments.

The company was allowed to go home early… but I still had my big important meeting! UGH! Oh well… it ended up being such a success!!! I could tell when the people entered the room, that they were kind of dismissing me as a “junior” person, speaking more directly to my boss and his counterpart. But… by the end of the meeting, after I had presented my thoughts, all eyes were on me and it was clearly my meeting. It went SO WELL and I was SO PLEASED with the results. I left work on Friday feeling really good!

Tom did not have such luck getting me a car on Friday. We were on the phone most of the morning while he bid on cars, but the prices kept getting too high. I think I might be glad though because I’m having second thoughts about the CR-V. I test drove another one and it felt so no frills. I like a little more luxury in my car.

I picked up the boys early on Friday and we carved our pumpkins. They had a good time getting all the seeds and goo out. We (I) cut very basic faces.

Saturday was rainy so we decided to skip soccer. R went with us to look at cars. I really need to decide what I want. I’m now interested in a Lexus R-330 or a Toyota Highlander… still useful, but a little less basic than the CR-V.  I still have to do some research.

The boys were pooped and cranky after a few places so we went home for naps.

R came back for an early dinner and for trick of treating. We had the BEST dinner- not very traditiional Halloween- but I made an assortment of dumplings, rice, bul-go-gi, and sauteed veggies. Yum. The boys ate so much. They decided at the last minute that they didn’t want to be knights (ARGH- after I bought both boys fricking knight costumes) and instead wanted to wear their old costumes. Oh vey.

We had a fun time trick-or-treating. E was really into it, ringing doorbells and chatting people up. That kid is going to be a politician. A was a little shy and nervous, but still had a good time. We stopped at Bob’s house and R and Bob met. I thought nothing of it, but R claims that it was an awkward moment.

We got home and everyone got into bed. R and I had plans to watch a movie together, but we were both beat, so he took off. I’m a little disappointed because it would have been fun to hang out.

I am up way too early this morning because we had to change our clocks back. Ugh. This is going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment