Sunday, November 22, 2009

Life, death, religion and bullshit...oh, and my opinons.

I needed to take a leafblower to the keyboard to remove the thick layer of dust that has built up upon the untouched keys.  Boy oh boy has time flown to nowhere in particular.  It feels as if its been ages since I’ve had a moment to myself, but the past few months have actually progressed at a somewhat normal pace.  One day at a time, hour by hour; nothing drastic.

With the film 2012 out and making hits (which is deserved, it was an excellent movie), I feel I should post my opinion.  However, my opinion is rather vague.  I doubt that worldwide catastrophe will occur, but the idea of it humours me.  I used to have dreams that nuclear war would be the end of 95%+ life on Earth, and I was okay with that.  The reversing of the poles, eruption of Yellowstone, and the shifting of Earth’s plates sounds intriguing as well, though.  To start anew, to brush away the life we know currently and to rebuild from scratch–without technology, written law and government, life would be beautiful in its new sense of mystery.  Knowing that the odds of me living (considering my location in the United States and right on the Eastern Coast) are very very slim in the case of shifting plates, I still believe the Apocalyptic “Great Flood” of the 2nd millenium would be pretty bad-ass.  Natural disasters are allowed to be inhumane and brutal.  So goodbye sex offenders, terrorists, predators, and wrong-doers of Planet Earth.  Hello survivors.  The idea grabs ahold of my mind and refuses to let go…which religions would survive such a unloving catastrophe?  would one unified nation arise, or many as we have now?  would basic survival instincts override morals and previously prized preferences? How would success be measured?

Bring on the wind, water, fire, and earth.  An elemental eruption of chaos is what the world needs to get in order. 

If the end was to come in December of 2012, why fear it?  It would be like fearing the Rapture or God’s promised Judgment Day.  Fear doesn’t change the presence of an event, it simply wastes various amounts of time we have in life.  Therefore, I don’t fear catastrophe, I simply accept the possibility.  Paired with that possibility is the coming of a New Era.  That interests me, but seems completely bogus.  A new understanding of ourselves and our purposes?  Come on people, really? A sudden wave of conscious unity released upon the world’ ehh, I have limited faith in humanity as a whole.  Individuals, sure.  But not all X-billion livers of Earth.

While I’m on the topic: That’s my religion. My faith is in mankind, not a Higher Being.  God to me is an idea, a face for the unknown, or an omniscient energy found in all matter.  I don’t picture a large hearty man of all races, ethnicities, and non-biased appearances as the world views Santa Claus.  I don’t believe waiting for God to act achieves much more than passed time and wishful thinking.  I do believe, however, that having faith in yourself and your peers achieves something tangible.  I have faith that I can do anything or do it to the best of my ability.  I have had the experience of being thrown into some crazy-whack-ass situations, and somewhere within I found the strength and wisdom to adapt, grow, persevere and move onward with life.  Now I accept life’s varied myriad of challenges as experiences that strengthen my wisdom and understanding of myself.  Breaking down in my old Mustang was an experience for me to learn that not all things go so smoothly and I learned the ways of mechanics as well.  I learned the importance of auto preventative maintenance and love for the machine, not to mention our vulnerability to technology.

Death is the part of religion that makes religion so crucial to life.  Where we go.  The “reward,” so to speak.  That’s what people are in it for.  That’s why Jesus has his devoted freaks, and Mohammed his devout followers.  We as living humans are not content with today being a day of life…we must have many days of life, unless we know we will also live after death.

I view death as an end.  A period to life.  A pulled curtain, grande finale, an eternal off-switch.  And I’m perfectly content with that. Because when it happens, thought ceases.  I won’t care if you see me naked or with puffy eyebags, or mishapen hair.  It won’t make a damn of difference how I look or what you think of me. I won’t think to myself after choking on a cashew or slipping down a steep, perilous slope “My oh my, I wish I would have white-water rafted or at least viewed Mt. Rushmore or bungee jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge, gosh-donnit.”  No sir/madam, my mind will be muted for the rest of time.  Death is what I experience before my parents conceived me.  I was dead before I existed, so why should I expect something different after existing?  Black nothingness is expected, rightfully.

If God loved his children, would we not experience the fruit of Heaven before existing? Or some tast of God and his almighty-ness and loving nature?  He has our existence planned and a place prepared in Heaven for us when we die…but what about before we were born… were our souls non-existent as well?  Makes sense to me that we would have been hammocking in Heaven til it was time to slide out of our birth-mothers.  Some taste of God and his promise of an after-life of luxurious happiness, rather than dreary darkness.

So, in a nutshell: Mankind exists and evokes change, so have faith in yourself.  Don’t credit a good deed to an invisible puppet-master, credit it to yourself or the good-deed-doer.  Make waves of change, don’t wait for cancer to be healed.  Spend those ill moments in positive moods, those are what will change a person.  Thoughts of happiness and healing. Andddd, death leads to nothing but nothingness. So live it up today and tomorrow and the line-up of tomorrows you don’t know you have remaining in your glass sand timer.

Comment me, debate me, chat it up people.  We’re not here to glide through life.  We have brains to have thoughts, and mouths to communicate said thoughts. So bring it. I’m ready to engage in worthwhile conversation rather than the basic hum-drum “hey, how ya doings” I hear on a daily basis.  Bring the deep discussion. I beg you.

 

With love,

Me. 

Now for personal details of my life:

I had my sights set on a particular date for nearly a month, so I’m believing that has helped push time along up to the present moment.  November 20th, 2009 has been the date imprinted in my mind and printed boldly on my internal calendar.  Nerves and anticipation grew with each passing day and finally it came.  My date with Mr. Preston.  Being me, I will hold out on the fancy, wonderful details and allow you this: it was spectacular.  Between a post-noreaster beach and poetry night at a local cafe, the night was one to be remembered.  To be frank, I’ve taken a step out of my usual and asked him out; I’m no longer single. haha. I’m very excited for this.  You’re free to have your own opinions. With that said, this topic is now closed.

In other news, I got a new car.  Woot-woot, the Stang has been retired.  RIP SRS Machine.  It has since been replaced with a 2009 Dodge Avenger.  This is something I was very excited about and still am very hyped about.  It was a great day in the life of me to sign the bill of sale being the solo owner, fully responsible. Yessir, bring on the responsibility.

I also want to make a shout-out to Greer Childs, the genius behind facial-elasticity exercises.  Woman’s a face-saver, woo-eee. Check her out, but keep beverages out of your mouth for the viewing.  They will be expelled directly back out of the mouth, and probably the nose as well. Enjoy. :)

[Via http://justnworstr.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment